Sunday 18 February 2007

party!

Had one of my 'rewards' last night, my 'surprise' party, organised by my rather splendid husband. I knew he was throwing a party for my 41st, and I knew the date, but that was all until the middle of last week. I only saw the guest list on the Friday night! What a wonderful night I had! I cooked a huge chilli and Martin went to town on the rest of the catering, and I managed not to eat a single thing, and only drank water, but still had an amazing night. I bought myself the most gorgeous dress from Monsoon, like nothing I have ever worn before, halter neck, satin and floor length. Some of my nearest and dearest came and I think it was a huge success. My children were wonderful and I had many compliments about them, and best of all (call me vain) i had an endless supply of compliments on my weight loss, and comments about how fantastic I looked. It was a huge ego boost and a definite incentive to keep going. Ony got just over 2 stone to go now. Just a little concerned about how I'll manage to lose weight when I start eating again, but know that once my BMI hits 25 (and it's only just overe 26 now) I will have to eat, and not just consume the packs. I'm getting a real buzz out of exercising and really try to do something 5 or 6 days every week, I know I'll look better toned! I went shopping this afternoon and bagged a few bargains. My old denim jacket was ridiculously huge on me, so went to TK Maxx and managed to find a DKNY denim jacket, that should have been £200 for £39. wooohoo! Also bought another pair of size 12 jeans and few funky t shirts, and we're talking really different to anything I would have worn before. I then bought 2 short dresses and leggings to go under them, but not sure what shoes to wear with them. any ideas anyone?
I have made an appointment with a plastic surgeon, to talk about a tummy tuck, boob lift and liposuction. If everything goes to plan (and what can stop it apart from me?) then i hope to have my surgery at the beginning of May, when I WILL have lost another 2 stone and a little big :-). If I plan it just right I will then be nicely recovered to enjoy the summer holidays, and if she (consultant) hacks off enough stomach then I'll be somewhere around 9-9.5 stone. How fabby!! One of Martins friends thinks I should stay as I am, but my BMI is too high and I'm half a stone heavier than the top weight fro my height. Again, sounding shallow and vain, I can only imagine people think I look good is because of the amount of exercise. Still, doen't hurt to be told you're gorgeous, particularly as for most of my adult life I've been a lardy lump!

No comments: