Sunday 4 February 2007

Having a lazy day today, done the usual exciting Sunday stuff, took a load to the dump and did a bit of shopping. Martin cooked for the kids and they absolutely loved it, hmm, bit of a kick in the teeth, have been on a health kick with them since I started the diet, don't want them to end up a porker like oneself :-) and the 2 smallest have huffed and puffed no end, as soon as dad rustles up a tomato sauce, pasta, prawns and scallops they're in seventh heaven! I'm not really offended, but I think the lesson is keep it simple.
He's planning on taking them to the park with dog/bikes this afternoon but my suspicions are that he's fallen asleep in front of David Attenborough (on the TV, we don't really have such a famous guest) which is a shame, cos I planned on catching some zeds while he was out of the way. My in-laws are coming over later with a birthday gift, wonder what it will be....
Tomorrow I am seeing one of my closest friends for 'lunch' so need to go armed with a packet soup and a Tupperware handheld batter mixer and hope it turns out lump free. My parents are coming for the night and need collecting from the train station around the time I was planning on leaving my friends house which is about an hour away, hope they are comfortable with getting a taxi here, although, as they don't have a key, no idea what they'll do while they wait for me. I'm not a total cow, they were supposed to come up last week, then changed it to the weekend and then changed it to tomorrow, so am I supposed to keep a week free just in case?
I have a really busy week, which is a good thing, as it takes my mind off eating! Am seeing another friend on Tuesday, another one Wednesday morning, she's coming for lunch with her little girl who doesn't eat. Anything. That's a challenge I've set myself, find something she'll eat :-) having my hair done Wednesday afternoon, a bit too grey at the mo! And on Friday I'm having an inch loss wrap and facial at my beauticians. I had a course of wraps before Christmas and lost about 18 inches (mind you they measure every conceivable surface so realistically I probably only lost about 1/2 inch off each measurement :-) ) The last facial I had was amazing so I'm hoping she'll repeat the miracle. The wraps are in prep for my big party, the course is of 3 and I'll get 2 in before my big day. I have no idea what the theme is or what I'm going to wear, I have a ton of stuff in my wardrobe that is far too big now, and am giving it all to a couple of friends. My sisters theory is that if I keep it I won't need it but if a gift it away I will, I refuse to bow to that one, I don't want to keep, I never ever want to wear it again, plus I want to make a lot of room for all the delicious new things I will be buying soon.
I bought a pair of boots in the sales, not from my usual fat-lass, calves-like-a-bloke shop, and I tried them on this morning and they zip up beautifully.
Was looking at some photo's of me taken about 14 months ago (in New York so some really lovely memories) and Martin was stunned at the difference in me, particularly facially, must figure out how to post my before and during photos.
Will go and poke Martin so I can catch my snooze too and will add to this later when I know what my gift it (and what my parents reaction is to having to get a taxi, an unneccesary expenditure in my dads eyes no doubt, maybe they'd prefer to walk...)

No comments: