Monday 5 February 2007

Had a fab day! Went oop north to see one of my nicest friends. We were very emotional in a totally girly way and then we shopped, in a totally girly way. Bought some divine bits and pieces, a gorgoeus eau de nil duvet cover and bits. Scented candles, a (rarrr) leopard print belt, a new bra and pants, a whilte leather photo frame ;-) I'm sure there's more but can't remember what! Had to leave disappointingly early as I had some pain in my mouth, and had an emergency dental appointment, and at the grand old age of 41 I have problems with one of my wisdom teeth! Fab. So now on antibiotics, apparently I have to have an infection 3 times before they'll do an extraction, I hope it doesn't come to that, I wimp out completely at the dentist.
My mother-in-law gave me a pair of cute black leather gloves, a voucher for my favourite beauty salon, a box of truffles which Martin is eating and a french manicure set. That was the only thing I won't use, I've had gel nails for years and absolutely adore them. But was thrilled with the voucher and the gloves. Martin quite excited by the chocolates.
My parents have arrived, and managed to tell me that I looked quite porky at Christmas. Odd cos I'd lost over a stone since the last time they'd come up. However they were quite flattering about my subsequent weight loss. They're a bit put out that I'm out all day tomorrow, including the evening, but I seriously think they imagine me sitting in the house all day every day just on the off chance they're going to call in. Thought they were only staying until tomorrow but apparently they're here till Wednesday, good of them to check that that was ok!
Have only managed to consume 3/4 of my allocated food alternatives for today, so will think of something exciting to do with the last pack, probably a frothy coffee, as I've had a soup and a chicken stuffing/muffin thing that was a totaly disaster, but not inedible. Am going to thrill myself with a late night dash to Sainsbury's now as I just don't have time tomorrow and now I'm cooking for parents too I think tinned soup is a meal too few if you see what I mean!

No comments: